Our memory care program provides seniors with Alzheimer’s, Vascular or Lewy body Dementia, and other memory impairments with compassionate care to promote dignity and safety. Through specially designed programs and activities, we give our residents the support they need to enjoy the highest quality of life.
As a Certified Special Care Residence, our memory care includes continuous supervision as well as:
- A Certified Special Care Residence
- Three home-cooked meals daily
- Weekly housekeeping
- Weekly linen change with resident’s linens
- Specialized activity programs, geared toward memory care
- Individually managed service plans for each memory care resident
- Transportation to and from shopping trips and other outings
- Secure covered parking for visitors
- 24-hour reception/security desk coverage
- An on-site maintenance team
- A clean, spacious apartment with all utilities included, except cable television and telephone
- An in-apartment emergency response system and Wanderguard system
- A specific allotment of staff assistance with ADLs such as dressing, bathing, and grooming
- Limited medication administration by a registered nurse or a licensed practical nurse employed by Connemara
In addition to continuous supervision and limited medical administration, we assist our memory care residents with a range of other personal care needs. Our sensitive, specialized care staff is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to help with bathing, grooming, dressing, and escorting residents to activities and appointments in the building.
Activities Geared Toward Memory Care
Our wide range of personalized support services enables our residents with memory impairments to live as independently as possible. These services are included in residents’ service plans and are periodically reassessed by healthcare professionals.
One entire floor of Connemara Senior Living has been certified as a Special Care Residence and dedicated to the safety and comfort of residents who experience Alzheimer’s, dementia or memory loss. Apartments are spacious and easy to manage, offering residents all the comforts of home with the added advantage of safety features, housekeeping, specialized activity programming, and 24-hour security.
Whether you require extra care while recovering from an injury or illness, or need assistance while your primary caregiver is away, our respite care program is the perfect solution.